Get Seizure Smart
April 25, 2014 | By Epilepsy Arizona |
School Nurse Continuing Education – Managing Students with Seizures (Online Course)
The Epilepsy Foundation and National Association of School Nurses (NASN) partner to provide a school nurse continuing education program titled “Managing Students with Seizures: A Training for School Nurses.” NASN involvement insures that objectives and content are specifically designed to meet the real and immediate needs of school nurses.
- Get the FREE seizure management training nurses need ,online
- Earn 3.2 continuing education units
- Learn how to teach others to support students with epilepsy
- Complete the course at your own pace
- Visit www.livewebcast.net/SeizureTraining4nurses to begin your online training today.
Objectives of the program include:
- Recognize seizures and their impact
- Know current treatment options and their safe effects
- Know appropriate first aid
- Develop a seizure action plan
- Understand key elements of a training for teachers and other school personnel
Let’s Get Seizure Smart
This program for school personnel is 60 minutes long, but you can leave and come back; the program will save your progress. You will take a short test before the program just to see how much you currently know about seizures and epilepsy, and one following the program to see how much you’ve learned.Learn More
Request Seizure Smart Training
Complete the form below and we’ll work with you to schedule training.