School Nurse Continuing Education - Managing Students with Seizures
The Epilepsy Foundation and National Association of School Nurses (NASN) partner to provide a school nurse continuing education program titled “Managing Students with Seizures: A Training for School Nurses.” NASN involvement insures that objectives and content are specifically designed to meet the real and immediate needs of school nurses.
Objectives of the program include:
- Recognize seizures and their impact
- Know current treatment options and their safe effects
- Know appropriate first aid
- Develop a seizure action plan
- Understand key elements of a training for teachers and other school personnel
- This training is designed to provide the school nurse with information, strategies, and resources that enable him/her to better manage students with seizures by:
- Supporting positive treatment outcomes
- Maximizing educational and developmental opportunities
- Creating a safe and supportive environment
Managing Students with Seizures
is a continuing education program for school nurses. The 3 ½ hour train-the-trainer program features a neuro-nurse explaining aspects of epilepsy, seizure types, diagnosis, treatment, and first aid for the student having a seizure and a school nurse presenter who will train attendees on methods for re-teaching the curriculum to school administrators, teachers and students.
This training is also available online at https://live.blueskybroadcast.com/bsb/client/CL_DEFAULT.asp?Client=74