April 25, 2014 | By Epilepsy Arizona |
School Nurse Continuing Education – Managing Students with Seizures (Online Course)
The Epilepsy Foundation and National Association of School Nurses (NASN) partner to provide a school nurse continuing education program titled “Managing Students with Seizures: A Training for School Nurses.” NASN involvement insures that objectives and content are specifically designed to meet the real and immediate needs of school nurses.
- Get the FREE seizure management training nurses need ,online
- Earn 3.2 continuing education units
- Learn how to teach others to support students with epilepsy
- Complete the course at your own pace
- Visit www.livewebcast.net/SeizureTraining4nurses to begin your online training today.
Objectives of the program include:
- Recognize seizures and their impact
- Know current treatment options and their safe effects
- Know appropriate first aid
- Develop a seizure action plan
- Understand key elements of a training for teachers and other school personnel
Let’s Get Seizure Smart
The training for school staff/personnel is FREE, only 1-hour in length, and doesn’t include any testing afterwards! Each trainee will just be asked to take a brief survey, which helps us to continue improving our seizure and epilepsy awareness trainings. We hope you’ll take advantage of this vital resource so next time someone has a seizure YOU can be Seizure Smart!
Request Seizure Smart Training
Please complete the form below and we’ll work 1-on-1 with you to schedule an on-site training at your school or workplace. An Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona staff member will reach out to you after this form is submitted to set this up. Thank you!