FREE Online Seizure Training for SCHOOL PERSONNEL
August 11 @ 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
The live Seizure Training for School Personnel is hosted by the Epilepsy Foundation of America and is designed for people who work with children and youth in school settings. This program provides an overview of seizures and epilepsy, Seizure First Aid, seizure action plans, rescue therapies, seizure emergencies and how to support students in school settings.
Please note: Each person taking the training must pre-register.
1. Each person must pre-register for the live training.
2. Complete a pre-assessment (http://bit.ly/SchoolPersonnelPreReg-InPerson) prior to the training.
3. Attend the live training.
4. Retrieve the post-assessment passcode at the end of the training.
5. Complete a post-assessment (http://bit.ly/SchoolPersonnelPost-InPerson) after the training.
6. Retrieve the certificate of completion after passing the post-assessment. The certificate can be saved and/or printed before closing the assessment page. The certificate will be automatically emailed as well.
The Seizure Training for School Personnel is designed for people who work with children and youth in school settings. This program provides an overview of seizures and epilepsy, seizure first aid, seizure action plans, rescue therapies, seizure emergencies and how to support students in school settings.
1. Recognize 3 common seizure types
2. Describe 3 seizure first aid steps to assist a student having a seizure
3. Recognize 3 key factors that would make a seizure a medical emergency
4. Describe 3 ways to support students living with epilepsy
Review the registration confirmation message for Acknowledgments/Disclaimers and Accommodations Requests.