April 24, 2014 | By Epilepsy Arizona |
Camp Candlelight 2020 will take place
May 24th – May 30th at Camp Sky-Y in Prescott, AZ
2020 CAMP APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN. APPLY NOW!
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY WE MAY HAVE TO CANCEL CAMP THIS YEAR. WE ARE HOPEFUL THIS DOESN’T HAPPEN BUT WE MUST FOLLOW OUR STATE AND FEDERAL GUIDELINES. IN THE EVENT THIS OCCURS, REFUNDS WILL BE MADE IN FULL. WE WILL UPDATE YOU ON THIS ASAP. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
If you are ever unable to find the information you need on the Camp Doc Help Center, please reach out to their Support Team on Monday-Fridays 8am-5pm (EST) and extended hours in the summer. They can be reached at email@example.com or 734-636-1000
PLEASE NOTE PAYMENTS & FEES
- SCHOLARSHIPS: A $35 NON-REFUNDABLE MUST BE PAID UPFRONT TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO APPLY FOR BOTH SCHOLARSHIPS A TOTAL NON-REFUNDABLE FEE OF $70 ($35/each) IS REQUIRED.
- CIT (COUNSELORS IN TRAINING): A $150 APPLICATION FEE IS REQUIRED. IF YOU ARE NOT SELECTED THIS FEE WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL.
- CAMPER REGISTRATION: IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, ALL CAMPER APPS SUBMITTED BY 05/09/20 WILL REQUIRE THE $550 FEE. ANY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BEYOND 05/09/20 UP UNTIL 05/20/20 WILL AUTOMATICALLY INCUR A LATE FEE OF $50 TOTALING $600.
AUTOMATIC SYSTEM LOCKOUT DATES
- ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 05/08/20 AT 11:59 PM (MST)
- ALL CAMPER APPS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 05/20/20 AT 11:59 PM (MST)
- ALL CIT APPS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 05/08/20 AT 11:59 PM (MST)
- ALL COUNSELOR APPS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 05/08/20 AT 11:59 PM (MST)
About Camp Candlelight
For an entire week, children with epilepsy (ages 8-17), enjoy all the fun activities and friendships that come with a classic trip to summer camp. While partaking in camp adventures and entertainment, the children are able to leave behind various challenges epilepsy can bring to their daily lives. At Camp Candlelight, campers are surrounded by dozens of other campers who have epilepsy and share in many of the same experiences stemming from the seizure disorder. Camp is often the first time many children meet others their age with epilepsy. Imagine the unique opportunity children have by not worrying about what people think if they have a seizure or if they will be excluded from activities just because they are different. At Camp Candlelight, epilepsy is the norm.
Camp Candlelight features activities such as: rock climbing, high ropes course, s’mores around the campfire, paintball, swimming, Studio E, epilepsy informational sessions and nature hikes. More important than the activities, Camp Candlelight is an opportunity to bond with other children who experience a seizure disorder.
Camper Eligibility Requirements:
- Have a diagnosis of epilepsy or seizure disorders
- Be ages 8 through 17 (exceptions on case by case basis depending upon doctor’s note regarding child’s cognitive level)
- Be able to feed, bathe, dress and toilet with minimal assistance