April 24, 2014 | By Epilepsy Arizona |
2017 Applications NOW Available for Camp Candlelight June 4-10, 2017
For an entire week, children with epilepsy (ages 8-17), enjoy all the fun activities and friendships that come with a classic trip to summer camp. While partaking in camp adventures and entertainment, the children are able to leave behind various challenges epilepsy can bring to their daily lives. At Camp Candlelight, campers are surrounded by dozens of other campers who have epilepsy and share in many of the same experiences stemming from the seizure disorder. Camp is often the first time many children meet others their age with epilepsy. Imagine the unique opportunity children have by not worrying about what people think if they have a seizure or if they will be excluded from activities just because they are different. At Camp Candlelight, epilepsy is the norm.
Camp Candlelight features activities such as: rock climbing, high ropes course, s’mores around the campfire, paintball, swimming, Studio E, epilepsy informational sessions and nature hikes. More important than the activities, Camp Candlelight is an opportunity to bond with other children who experience a seizure disorder.
PAYMENT OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- ONLINE – CLICK HERE TO PAY ONLINE -NOTE: Please have patience while you’re automatically navigated to online payment site.
- CHECK (kindly make out to: Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona with “Camp Candlelight” in the notes)
- CASH/MONEY ORDER (in-person delivery MUST be pre-scheduled, please email email@example.com to set-up a time for this)
(**If your child is not accepted for some reason, a full refund of the $500.00 payment will be provided. Not applicable to $30.00 Scholarship App fee, which is required and non-refundable.)
**NOTE: ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE UPON SUBMISSION OF YOUR CAMP APPLICATION. IF THE CHILD IS UNABLE TO ATTEND, A FULL REFUND OF THE CAMP FEE WILL BE PROVIDED.
ANY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED PAST 5/12/17 WILL INCUR AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 LATE FEE.
Camper Eligibility Requirements:
- Have a diagnosis of epilepsy or seizure disorders
- Be ages 8 through 17 (can vary depending on doctor’s description of child’s age level conduct)
- Be able to feed, bathe, dress and toilet with minimal assistance
We’d like to thank and recognize our 2017 Camp Candlelight Sponsors for their generous support!