April 24, 2014 | By Epilepsy Arizona |
Camp Candlelight 2019 will take place May 26th – June 1st.
2019 CAMPER, CIT, COUNSELOR, & MED STAFF APPS NOW AVAILABLE!
(NOTE: ALL applications MUST be completed online compatible with all online browsers EXCEPT Internet Explorer)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: PLEASE SELECT “NO” FOR THE PROTECTION PLAN ON ALL APPLICATION TYPES – THIS IS NOT APPLICABLE TO CAMP CANDLELIGHT AND YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED FOR ANY TRAVEL FEES.
- 4/19: ALL FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2019.
- 5/12: ALL EARLY CAMPER APPLICATIONS DUE SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2019 AT THE $550 RATE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BEYOND THIS POINT INCUR A NON-REFUNDABLE $50 LATE FEE, TOTALING $600.
- 5/17: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY MAY 17TH AT 12 AM (MST). AUTOMATIC ACCOUNT LOCKOUT WILL OCCUR IF APPLICATIONS ARE NOT SUBMITTED BY THIS TIME.
Need Assistance? DOWNLOAD FAQ HERE or Contact the Foundation or CampDoc directly.
About Camp Candlelight
For an entire week, children with epilepsy (ages 8-17), enjoy all the fun activities and friendships that come with a classic trip to summer camp. While partaking in camp adventures and entertainment, the children are able to leave behind various challenges epilepsy can bring to their daily lives. At Camp Candlelight, campers are surrounded by dozens of other campers who have epilepsy and share in many of the same experiences stemming from the seizure disorder. Camp is often the first time many children meet others their age with epilepsy. Imagine the unique opportunity children have by not worrying about what people think if they have a seizure or if they will be excluded from activities just because they are different. At Camp Candlelight, epilepsy is the norm.
Camp Candlelight features activities such as: rock climbing, high ropes course, s’mores around the campfire, paintball, swimming, Studio E, epilepsy informational sessions and nature hikes. More important than the activities, Camp Candlelight is an opportunity to bond with other children who experience a seizure disorder.
Camper Eligibility Requirements:
- Have a diagnosis of epilepsy or seizure disorders
- Be ages 8 through 17 (exceptions on case by case basis depending upon doctor’s note regarding child’s cognitive level)
- Be able to feed, bathe, dress and toilet with minimal assistance
We’d like to thank and recognize our 2019 Camp Candlelight Sponsors for their generous support!